The statistics on gum disease are frightening: one in every ten American adults is likely to get gum disease by they are of sixty-four. At Sven Bone Dentistry in Bozeman, we offer our patients effective gum disease treatment.
The following quiz tests your knowledge of gum disease:
1. Which of the following are risk factors for gum disease?
d. Family history
2. Which of the items below are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that appear to be longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bad breath
d. Inflamed gums
3. Which of the following are possible health problems linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of men and women age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following procedures are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Gum grafts
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t see any symptoms.
If there’s any good news here, it’s that gum disease usually responds well to treatment—especially when it’s caught early.
If you haven’t seen a dentist in a while, or have been noticing troubles with your gums or teeth, please call us at Sven Bone Dentistry in Bozeman. We provide gum disease treatment, as well as a wide range of general dentistry procedures. Schedule an appointment today.
Contact Sven Bone Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):