Your enamel is uniquely suited to protect your teeth. By keeping your tooth enamel healthy, you go a long way toward protecting your smile. At Sven Bone Dentistry in Bozeman, that’s what it’s all about.
It’s best to form enamel-healthy habits early. We advise parents to teach their youngsters to protect their tooth enamel.
For Healthy Tooth Enamel, Avoid The Following
- Frequently Eating Sticky Foods: Gummy candy, protein bars, and dried fruit can chip teeth.
- Chewing On Hard Foods: For example, unpopped popcorn kernels and hard or stale bread.
- Grinding Teeth: If you grind your teeth, talk to us about it. Tooth grinding (bruxism) can cause headaches, tooth damage, and gum recession. An appliance can protect your enamel.
- Not Drinking Enough Water: If your teeth are awash in carbonated beverages (sugared or diet), juice, coffee, or sports drinks habitually, your enamel will suffer from the acids and sugar.
- Playing Sports Without a Mouthguard: Sports pose a major risk of tooth damage. Custom-fitted mouthguards from your dentist are more comfortable than the boil-and-bite type.
At Sven Bone Dentistry in Bozeman, we want our patients to protect their teeth. We begin stressing this while they’re still young. Our services include general and restorative dentistry. Schedule an appointment with us today.